Reaching for the clouds at Vertigo and Moon Bar on the 61st floor of the Banyan Tree hotel is one of the best ways to end a long day in Bangkok. There is no lack of rooftop bars in town but Vertigo has always been amongst the favourites. With an unusual narrow and elongated shape, the entire top of the building is occupied by both the bar and the restaurant and gives the unusual impression of being aboard a spaceship in the sky.
Vertigo offers an al fresco dining experience set atop a roof terrace overlooking the glittering cityscape of Bangkok – a grill-and-bar experience that is Asia’s first. Dine on fork-tender seafood and premium steaks while feasting your eyes on the city’s vast skyline.
Moon Bar puts you at ease in an informal setting 61 floors above the city and offers premium drinks, such as the classic Vertigo Sunset, a melody of pineapple, cranberry and lime juices blended with just the right amount of Malibu.
Create your own 4 or 5 course menu by choosing ONE from each of the gourmet selections below:
4 Course Set
- SCALLOP CARPACCIO:Summer Truffle, Red Radish, Red Currant, Citrus Dressing, Caper Berries, Rocket Salad
- FOREST MUSHROOM CREAM SOUP: Sauteed Porcini, Truffle Oil
- PAN SEARED BLACK COD and TIGER PRAWN: Red Curry Sauce, Pearl Barley Risotto, Baby Carrots, Beetroot and Bokchoy OR GRILLED AUSTRALIAN HEREFORD BEEF TENDERLOIN: New Potatoes, Provencal Tomatoes, Grilled Asparagus, Massaman Curry Sauce
- MONKEY BUSINESS (BANOFFEE): Caramelized Bananas, Chocolate Soil, Fresh Cream
5 Course Set
- SPICED AHI TUNA CEVICHE: Avocado, Coriander, Lime, Chili, Shallots, finished with Salmon Roe
- PAN SEARED DUCK FOIE GRAS: Pineapple Corn Relish, Mini Brioche, Red Fruits Sauce
- SEAFOOD BISQUE: Cognac Scented Seafood Bisque with Rouille Crouton
- GRILLED US BEEF St HELENS TENDERLOIN: Truffle Scented Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Root Vegetables, Creamy Mushroom Sauce OR GRILLED TIGER PRAWN: Green Pea Risotto, Sweet Peas, Red Radish, Pea Shoots
- PASSION FRUIT MERINGUE: Passion Fruit Curd, Sweet Pastry Tartlet, Torched Meringue
- Drinking water
- Personal expenses such as tips, alcoholic beverage, etc
- Other services not mentioned on this programme
- Transfer from/to hotel
- Menu items subject to change without prior notice.
- Due to Vertigo being an open-concept restaurant, diners may be offered alternative seating arrangements in cases of bad weather.
- Vertigo is a non-smoking restaurant.
- DRESS CODE: At the request of the majority of our patrons, Vertigo and Moon Bar observe a Smart Casual Dress Code, whereby slippers, flip-flops, athletic apparel and backpacks are not permitted. Gentlemen are kindly requested to wear long trousers, closed shoes and sleeved tops. We apologize if any inconvenience is caused, and thank you for your co-operation and understanding, as we strive to ensure we provide a pleasant atmosphere for all.
- Rates not applicable for festive days; Mother day 12 Aug, Loy Kratong, Father Day 5 Dec, Christmas Eve, New Year Eve, Valentine Day and Songkran Day 12-16 April.
- Location: Banyan Tree Bangkok On the 61th floor
- Open Daily (weather permitting)
- Vertigo Open 18.00 – 22.30 hrs.
- Moon Bar Open 17.00 - 01.00 hrs.
- Banyan Tree Bangkok is located on South Sathon Road in the city central business district and lies just 40 minutes from the Suvarnabhumi International airport. Lumphini MRT Station and Suan Lum Night Bazaar are just a 10-minute walk away.